Monday, May 18, 2009

Stuff I Have Found Interesting Today

Must read book: Brain rules


When there's disagreement on feedback data
Some decent sounding advice on giving negative feedback.
 
I'm not a big into Quality Attributes, but I have found them useful in certain situations. The post has a nice Excel spreadsheet that would be useful if I need them again.
 

97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know: Book Review

Looks like a good book as it parrots many ideas I have. "Use before Reuse" was a term I used back in 1996.

 
Latest by Codinghorror is a good story and a lesson in "Understand All Parameters to Library Functions".

 

The Death of Richard Dawkins

A short story by Steve Yegge. It is humorous, a little confusing and makes me think, maybe I should just call it "Classic Yegge". I'm not sure how this story fits into his series "A programmer's view of the Universe" (part 1part 2part 3) I might find out in his next installment, but I might not.

No comments: