Friday, September 18, 2009

Review of "Traitor to His Class"

Subtitled "The Privileged Life and Radical Presidency of Franklin Delano Roosevelt" by H.W. Brands.

I long book (over 800 pages) about the president who served the longest (just over 12 years). The book was well written and gave great insight into FDR and how he was a master politician with a view of expansive government control. If you want to know why we have such a large government know all one needs is to read this book. He envisioned government in ways presidents before him never had. He was definitely a master politician and served us well during WWII, but his legacy is felt every paycheck deduction.

I would only recommend this book to people who are serious about history as 800 pages about a single man can be daunting. I had a hard time finishing it. I don't blame the author, but my attention span. I got a little sick of FDR somewhere around page 650.

No comments: