Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Stuff I Have Found Interesting Today

T-Shirt Estimation

A good write up on estimation in a Lean (no iteration) software process.


The Nanny Nation

A review of a new book by Barry Ritholtz, Bailout Nation: How Greed and Easy Money Corrupted Wall Street and Shook the World Economy. In the review are some interesting tidbits, like 1971 was a watershed moment as it was the first time the US government bailed out a private company (Lockheed) and the bailout of Chrysler in 1980 stopped the market from correcting the US automotive sector. I might have to read this book.


PMI: US Home Prices Likely Lower In 2 Years

I'm glad I have NO plans of selling my houser anytime soon. This graph also shows how out of bounds the housing prices are compared to GDP.


Introducing the Google Chrome OS

I didn't think they would go there, but they went there. It is a crowded marketplace, but they do have good name. Now can they live up to it?


Refactoring challenge Part 1 - Examination

You have to respect a developer when they post their code and let others shred it, then repost it and shred it themselves. It is a good lesson and I look forward to his journey to clean code.


No comments: