Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Stuff I Have Found Interesting Today

Canalizing Design

A great post with a new term "Canalizing" - as in like a canal.


Malcolm is wrong

Seth Godin on the future of writers and editors and how magazines and papers are dead. I think it is obvious, but I have been known to be wrong before.


Hudson River Crossings: Improving Bus Capacity

I never plan on being a commuter from NJ to NY, but this short film was extremely well done!


WIP Limits are for Adults too!

I have had the same thoughts as Alistair. This response from David Anderson basically says we need limits because that's how we do it. I think WIP limits can help when you are learning (prevents you from sliding down the path of large amounts of WIP), but I think your goal would be to not need them as your process becomes more mature. A lean practitioner blogged a similar idea as The Fifth Primary Practice of Kanban, but kinda wimped out on his original idea of "Eliminate Kanban".


Katas.MonopolyTheGame

Interesting idea: work a fairly simple problem many times so the variations will be the techniques used. Now to make the time to do this!


No comments: