This is the funniest book review I have ever read. A colleague found it because NPR did a story this morning on Bloomsday. I tried to start the book but lost the desire quickly. After reading this review I am not sure I will ever try again.
Review of what looks like an interesting book: RETHINK: A Business Manifesto for Cutting Costs and Boosting Innovation based on an article in HBR that the reviewer nicely sums up with:
- Describe your operations in terms of desired outcomes (the whats)
- Identify the activities supporting the desired outcomes
- Identify the capabilities supporting each of your activities
- Identify activities most critical to your company's success
- Design a more efficient operating model
I love the quote "Kanban is a scheduling tool – kanban by itself is hardly sufficient to qualify a work system as lean. That lesson was learned in manufacturing long ago – I hope we don’t have to re-discover this in software development!" BTW the blank image is corrected here: Toyota Way 2001 (post 4172).
Fun and informative although not without opinions.