Friday, June 12, 2009

Stuff I Have Found Interesting Today

Planning Fallacy

I agree completely. I prefer the wide-band delphi for estimating projects. I like buffer (via CCPM or if you prefer a book Agile Estimating and Planning by Mike Cohn) plus extrapolation for managing timelines during a project.

An interesting blog about taking things too seriously...I agree completely, but you should never use regions! :-)


AML (Arbitrary Modeling Language)

I to have been a UML user and advocate, but now use AML. My AML looks a lot like UML, but I don't worry about the syntax as much as the communciation.


Frog & Bike Thinkers

An simply way of breaking down the type of thinking you need to solve problems. There is no "one way" that always works.


Pushing vs. Pulling

A good article on communication pattern pros and cons.

No comments: