Friday, May 1, 2009

Stuff I Have Found Interesting Today

Commitment-based iteration planning 
I agree with this post.I think points get in the way more than they help. The goal is to have the business decide on priority and have the team commit to delivery. The only numbers I would use would be for helping the business prioritize by tells them rough levels of effort. If option A is 10 times more effort than option B, option A becomes less important even though it is the preferred option.

From a chess blog no less.

The embedded Dilbert strip is worth the click. A decent article that has some basic advice. If anything seems surprising then you are either a bad manager or have always had bad managers.

I haven't had the time to peruse this list just yet...let me know if they are as good as they look.

No comments: