Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stuff I Have Found Interesting Today

The latest fom Jurgen. It gets high marks for using one of my favorite phrases "Illusion of control" and for this gem "The reason to empower people is not to improve motivation, but to improve manageability."
 
Sadly I have done many of these :-(

Some good points on communication and social media. I would have cut out the politcal propaganda, but it isn't too bad. Do you believe that "Words just form 7% of our communication..."? My experience agrees.
 
 
Post on scrumdevelopment Yahoo Group in response to a generic question. Gives lots of links and ends with a nice summary of why one-week iterations don't have more overhead, but instead have less. I wish I had written than in my post Why I Recommend One-Week Iterations.

"Next time you see a statistic in a news story that's hard to believe, or needs a bit more depth, type it into Google and pull up your own data graph."

Team City 4.5 Released 
Didn't know what this was, but sounds cool! "TeamCity is a continuous integration and build management system. With TeamCity, you can set up a build server within minutes and enjoy out of the box continuous unit testing, code quality analysis, and early reporting on build problems — even without leaving your favorite IDE."
 
I'm not this nerdy, but maybe you are.

No comments: